Run-time error 1004

• VPillay
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #1 by VPillay
Run-time error 1004 was created by VPillay
Hi,

Firstly thanks for the great software! Many functions which can save a lot of time.

The problem that I am facing is that when trying to import a WinQS file, the following error pops up:

Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error 1004

Method 'OpenText' of object 'Workbooks'failed

Any ideas as to what may be wrong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Re: Run-time error 1004
Hi there,

Thank you for the thank you. I'm really glad you're finding benefit from using the software. B)

In order to narrow down the possible causes, please answer the following questions:
  1. Does the same error occur with that specific file when opened on other workstations?
  2. If the ASCII file is copied to a different location, e.g. a different folder or drive, does the problem still occur?
Kind regards,
Ian
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Ian. Reason: Better formatting

• VPillay
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #3 by VPillay
Replied by VPillay on topic Run-time error 1004
Hi,

We managed to resolve the run-time error, after creating the file again and running the program everything ran smoothly!

Just a quick suggestion, would it be possible to retain the following columns when converting the file:

Section
Bill
Page No.

Thanks again.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic Re: Run-time error 1004
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind for future releases.

Regards,
Ian