Ian's Excel Add-in Ribbon Menu

File appears not to be valid WinQS ASCII file

• GDKotze
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #1 by GDKotze
Good Day IanCould you possibly assist as per attachment, as soon as I import the WinQS file, it gives an error saying "This file does not appear to be a valid WinQS ASCII file". Could you possibly assist in why I get this error?Kind regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #2 by Ian
Hi GD,

The addin's import routine uses the first few lines of the ASCII file to check whether or not it is a valid export from WinQS. Typically, the opening lines would look something like this:
Code:
|*|CODE|11/12/2020|02:21:36|.|2.2.11.0| |*|Project Description| COUNTER|ISC|SECTION|BILL|PAGE NO|ITEM NO|DOC REF|PAY REF|DESCRIPTION|UNIT|QUANTITY|RATE|AMOUNT|LABOUR INTENSIVE|WORDING|EDIT DATE
If the ASCII file that you are trying to import does not match this structure, then the import will fail displaying the error message that you received.

Kind regards,
Ian
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Ian. Reason: Formatting.

• GDKotze
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #3 by GDKotze
Replied by GDKotze on topic File appears not to be valid WinQS ASCII file
Thank you Ian, will check on my side. Kind regards