Ian's Excel Add-in Ribbon Menu

Ian's Addin Appears/Disappears Sporadically

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Richard
Good day

I have been using this tool for years but for the past 6 months or so have been unable to find the Ian's Addin Ribbon in excel despite having installed the latest version (have tried with and without the installer).
This seems to appear/disappear randomly for all in my company. Please advise what I am missing. Does the addin still work?
We are using Excel 365 Version 1902.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Ian
Hi Richard,

The addin still works, although I don't have access to Office 365 to test in that specific environment. The fact that it's a sporadic problem also adds to the complexity of the issue.

One potential workaround would be to install the addin from within Excel itself using the guidelines on this site -> support.office.com/en-us/article/add-or-...a9-9b88-403625a0b460

When using this method, you will need to update the addin manually every two months by overwriting the ieaaddin.xlam file in the default Microsoft Office addins folder, which is usually %appdata%\Microsoft\AddIns.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Ian

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Ian's Addin Appears/Disappears Sporadically
Hi Ian

Thanks for the quick response.
The manual add-in installation worked for me as described in the link you sent:

To install an Excel add-in

To install an add-in that is typically installed with Excel, such as Solver or the Analysis ToolPak, run the setup program for Excel or Microsoft Office and choose the Change option to install the add-in. After you restart Excel, the add-in should appear in the Add-Ins available box.

Some Excel add-ins are located on your computer and can be installed or activated by clicking Browse (in the Add-Ins dialog box) to locate the add-in, and then clicking OK.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Ian
Thank you for the update, Richard.

Regards,
Ian
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Ian. Reason: Grammar